Organizations I’ve Been Involved With
Director, Digital Marketing and Strategic Relations
Alif Meem Digital, Dubai - UAE
Nov 2013 – Nov 2016
- Led and executed multichannel clients digital strategies that drive demand generation and brand engagement.
- Spearheaded business development, strategy, integrated marketing and developed winning proposals to acquire over US$ 3.1 million in contracts.
- Executed end-to-end online marketing campaigns, from ideation to execution.
- Rejuvenated client expectations and applied best marketing practice implementation by delivering performance based digital marketing using SEO, PPC, Mobile, Videos, Blogs, White-papers, Conversion Analytics, Display Marketing and Social Media campaigns.
- Team up and reporting to the CEO, on growth, strategy, new business, and expansion plans.
- Led a team of 25+ including business development, social, developers, creative, content creators and digital media professionals alongside the CEO via a strong matrix organizational structure.
- Achievements: Creation and delivery of key clients digital marketing strategies: Emaar, Dubai Mall, Dubai Islamic Bank, Konica Minolta, Carnegie Mellon University, RAK Investment Authority, Lufthansa, Al Ahli Holding Group and Masdar City.
Team Lead Web, Mobile & Social Media
DMCC Free Zone (Govt. of Dubai), Dubai - UAE
Aug 2011 – Oct 2013
- Responsible for all web and mobile initiatives (including SEO, SEM and SMM) for all of DMCC’s assets.
- Manage, monitor and measure the performance of DMCC's assets on social media and web through a multitude of tools.
- Provide insightful feedback to business teams after in-depth analysis to help shape their campaigns to achieve better results.
- Come up with innovative concepts and solutions to be deployed on mobile, web and digital platforms.
- Liaise with senior management of multiple DMCC and Dubai World assets to understand their needs and develop their requirements.
- Define system logic and flow for the mobile and web applications and manage development of those applications to completion.
- Assess vendor products and liaise with solution providers who best fit DMCC's needs.
- Trusted to engage with UAE Ministers, and to host basketball player Kobe Braynt.
Assistant Manager, Digital Marketing
Jumeirah Group, Dubai - UAE
Jan 2009 – Jul 2011
- Responsible to increase online brand awareness, engagement, quality traffic and profitable revenue from the Group’s key source markets, in multiple languages, across multiple channels and devices.
- Enriched and improved the Group’s digital traffic acquisition framework, making the best use of available budgets, across multiple digital advertising channels and networks.
- Supervise and coordinate digital advertising activities across the group, both for branding and booking purposes.
- Develop, manage and optimize digital campaigns at corporate level.
- Assist hotels and regional marketing entities in defining, setting, measuring and optimizing their digital advertising campaigns.
- Governed relationships with creative, media and SEM agencies, making sure that we get the best methodologies and results for our campaigns group-wide.
- Supervised Search Engine Marketing activities for the group (at corporate, regional and hotel level) across major search networks (Google, Yahoo, Bing, Yandex, Baidu) across multiple languages and devices.
- Trained and consulted colleagues across Jumeirah’s luxury selection hotels, resorts and residences on Digital Marketing best practices for improved performance and achievement of brand standards at property level.
Assistant Manager, Marketing
The Financial Daily (International) & Stock Review, Karachi - Pakistan
Feb 2008 – Dec 2008
- In this role I supported Marketing & Business Development teams in execution of strategies and drive business to achieve desired results.
- Developed and delivered ‘3rd World Asia Islamic Conference – Karachi’, securing all speakers and leading sponsorship, delegate sales, and event management.
- Delivered $42,000+/ quarter in net profit with advertisements under direct management.
- Development of marketing communications for promotion of the campaigns like Special Supplements, Conferences, Book Launch, Awards and Seminars.
Executive, Corporate Sales
TNT Express Worldwide, Karachi - Pakistan
Jul 2006 – Sep 2007
- In this role I managed territory sales, develop and communicate the sales strategy and budget management to enhance TNT market share with small and midsize accounts while emergent their customer service levels with ethics.